Random Wrap-up of Winter
Since today is the first day of spring, it seems like a good time for a random list.
- We’ve gone from cold and snowy to warm and very wet to a gorgeous weekend with sun and highs near 80 today. This also means everything is starting to bloom, including everyone’s allergies. So we’re a happy but often sneezy bunch here in north Alabama. Even the ferrets are sneezing.
- One of my best purchases this winter was a pair of boots I bought with some of my Christmas money this year.
I wanted some leather boots that were well-made but comfortable (no high heels), plus I didn’t want to spend a lot on them. One night as I was coming home from work, I stopped at Tractor Supply, thinking I would look at their western boots on sale. Then I tried on these C.E. Schmidt women’s work boots and fell in love with them. They are so comfortable and they got a lot of wear this winter.
- I don’t think I’ve ever seen a wild fox until this winter, and I saw two. One was at night standing along the road. The other one was dodging in and out of traffic on the way to work one morning. He’s a nimble little critter. I thought for sure someone would hit him but he made it safely to the other side somehow.
- I actually started a pair of socks but something went wrong somewhere and I ripped them out. One of these days I’ll start them again. My knitting has been almost non-existent lately.
- The "cat" bed has been getting a lot of use lately. Katie and the ferrets seem to be taking turns sleeping in it. Lately it’s been Zoe’s turn. It’s hard to believe this same little grey ferret I got over 8 years ago. Now she’s white except for a few black hairs here and there.
"Mom, can you put the cloth back down so the light isn’t in my eyes?
I’m trying to get some sleep here." – Zoe